What Is Naturopathy?
As a Naturopath, my role is to educate, inspire and empower you to tune into your body, upgrade your health and move forward in your greater purpose in life.
Your health and wellbeing is central to the vision of Harmonic Health. We understand that it takes time, energy and empowerment to take back responsibility for our health, not leaving it to chance or in someone else’s hands.
This is why we work TOGETHER with YOU to develop an individualised wellness plan that you can agree to. Sometimes the wellness plan will stretch and challenge you however, as you take ownership for your health, you will reap the benefits.
What to expect
A naturopathic consult is a one on one appointment with a qualified Naturopath to improve your wellbeing naturally.
The Initial Consult: 60 mins
- Prior to the consultation you will be sent a detailed questionnaire that covers your health history, current signs and symptoms, medication and supplements currently being taken and an overview of your diet and lifestyle.
- This questionnaire helps to shape the direction of the consult and indicates areas that need more clarity and attention.
- During the consult, we will discuss your health concerns and goals, investigate all relevant areas of your body systems and carry out physical examinations as needed (temperature, blood pressure, ears/nose/throat/eyes/nails…)
- Any previous pathology results may also be requested and/or viewed in the consultation
- After the consult, time and research are invested to craft an individualised wellness plan to address your current needs for the next 4-6 weeks.
- The wellness plan will be emailed to you within 7 days and we will schedule a 20 minute phone call to go over the plan together.
- After 2 weeks, you will receive a friendly follow up call to check in with your progress and to schedule a follow up consult in a few more weeks.
The Wellness Plan
This is carefully crafted for you based on your current health and your goals. A detailed cover letter is written summarising the focus of the treatment. The wellness plan includes:
- Specific nutrition advise with guidelines and recipes
- Specific herbs, essential oils and/or supplements to take with instructions for use. These are carefully assessed for any interaction or contraindications.
- Lifestyle advice such as exercise and stress reduction techniques to improve your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Relevant handouts with helpful info and advice.
Follow Up Consult: 30 mins
- We usually schedule this 4-6 weeks after you began following the wellness plan.
- We assess how the wellness plan is going noting any changes in symptoms, discussing the benefits and challenges.
- Diet and supplementation is reassessed for effectiveness and adjusted as required.
- Relevant physical examinations are also performed if required.
- An updated wellness plan will be emailed within 7 days to continue on for 4-6 weeks.
Will I need supplements?
Some clients benefit hugely by starting nutritional supplements but we only prescribe them when and if they are needed. Herbs, supplements and essential oils can be posted or picked up from the clinic.
It is important to note that we are very happy to work alongside your current GP and health care professionals. We believe that integration between Practitioners and modalities is how our clients get the best outcome!
What People Have To Say…
I would recommend her to anyone!
Sarah Bedwell, Whangarei
Fantastic in what she does
Jane Forsthy-Hall, Waipu
Her knowledge and wisdom is exceptional
Hayley Pyle, Waipu
Humble, Welcoming and Lovely
Puawai Reed, Waipu
Raindrop massages are absolutely glorious
Katrina Frankum, Russell
Knowledgable, Understanding & Professional
Niki Clark, Whangarei
Using essential oils with great success
Charlotte Davies, Ruakaka
My Core Values
Inner peace is integral to all thriving in our lives. Cultivating a stillness practice is essential for health and harmony. When we create space to be, to give thanks, to feel, we are living in the present moment, activating the parasympathetic nervous system. Since the WHO have declared stress as the underlying cause of 90% of all disease, it is vital that we learn and cultivate a life of peace.
Release is about letting go physically, emotionally and spiritually and exploring forgiveness of ourselves and others and letting go of disappointments, fears and expectations of others. When we let go of things emotionally, we also allow them to be released from our body and our energy field. To facilitate letting go, we often need to remove comfort items and foods that numb us or suppress our emotions.
What we speak has more power than we know. By becoming aware of our words and upgrading negative dialogue with life giving words, we can make considerable upgrades in our health. Affirmations and declarations are a valuable tool for our healing journey.
What we consume physically, mentally and spiritually directly impacts our wellbeing. High vibe foods are foods that are closest to their natural state. A nourishing diet provides overflowing energy, balances hormones, enhances thought, maintains a healthy weight and allows us to shine from the inside out.
We were created to move our bodies. Modern lifestyle promotes gyms to keep in shape but when we play with others and in nature, there are many opportunities to keep fit. Movement that is for fitness and enjoyment is the most sustainable.
We were designed with innate healing abilities but when we get out of balance, our body cannot heal. Herbs, supplements and essential oils are a gift of nature to us, that we can use to heal both physically and emotionally. God created all plants with a unique signature as well as a unique chemical makeup. Natural medicines work WITH our body instead of suppressing symptoms.
Love is foundational to ALL healing and transformation. Without love, all our efforts will be short lived. Self-sabotage reveals areas where we are not loving and taking care of ourselves. When we can identify and overcome self-sabotage, we can move forward with momentum and experience lasting outcomes. Adopting daily and weekly self-care practices are a vital way to truly love ourselves.
What can Naturopathy help with?
Are you tired, overwhelmed and running on empty? Do you constantly feel stressed with a "got to", "have to" script running through your mind day and night? It's time to support yourself physically and emotionally to find greater balance in your life!
Do you experience itchy eyes, a runny nose, sneezing and tiredness? Hay fever can be a sign that you have underlying food allergies or intolerances. By investigating trigger foods and naturally healing the gut, many hay fever sufferers have left all the symptoms behind.
Do you suffer from anxiety? Do you become overwhelmed with anxious thoughts that come from seemingly nowhere? Are you experiencing low moods, mood swings and/or hormonal imbalances? A naturopath can support you holistically with individualised dietary advice, quality supplements, lifestyle techniques and a whole person approach to mental wellness and hormonal balance.
Are you always getting sick and rundown? Do you commonly catch whatever is going around? Do you feel that you go from one sickness to the next without really feeling well in between? Let’s get to the underlying cause of your low immunity and support you from the inside out using whole food nutrition, herbs, supplements, essential oils and other lifestyle practices.
Do you experience pain, discomfort or bloating after eating. Do you suffer from reflux, wind or alternating bowel motions? Our gut health is a significant reflection of our overall wellbeing, impacting our immunity, mood, weight management and energy levels. When we naturally address the symptoms and support our digestive system with good nutrition, herbs and supplements, we experience many benefits for our long term health.
Are you tired during the day but wired at night? Do you have trouble falling asleep or wake during the night and can’t go back to sleep? Sleeping pills may provide a short-term solution but they come with side effects and do not promote wellbeing in the long term. As a Naturopath, we provide dietary and lifestyle advice including quality herbs and supplements that are well researched to naturally support deep and restorative sleep.